Re: Slow statement when using JDBC

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: Slow statement when using JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
arunkmp wrote
> i tested same query in php using pear-Db connectivity its nomally 2 times
> faster than java conntivity.
>
> for both my postgresql version 9.1,
>
> can anyone explain me why its speeder in php.

Given that the reason for the poor JDBC performance has been explained this
likely isn't the best list to get answers as to why PHP doesn't seem to
exhibit the same problem...

It would probably also help to supply actual code since your use of the two
libraries could be a contributing factor.

And the versions of the drivers would also be good information to supply...

PHP is possibly bypassing the whole "prepare" aspect and simply providing
what appears to be a prepared statement interface while actually sending
complete queries, without parameters, to the database.  This would explain
the difference but is truly a guess since I have not used Pear/PHP.

David J.