Re: BUG #10917: How to connect pgadmin of another system.

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #10917: How to connect pgadmin of another system.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
emonrockz143 wrote
> Please help me with a solution so that I can add 192.168.1.2 as a pgadmin
> server in 192.168.1.1. Thank you in advance.

I am assuming you haven't read or understood the documentation for
pg_hba.conf

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

It is also excessive to copy the entire standard boiler-plate comments in
you file - the uncommented lines would have been sufficient.

As noted this is not a bug and thus this is not the proper forum for such
help.  I suggest reading the above link thoroughly and probably multiple
times, adjusting your pg_hba.conf and postgres.conf files as you go, then
re-post to -general if you haven't figured it out.

Once the server is capable of allow remote clients to connect to it
configuring pgAdmin is quite simple.  i.e., pgAdmin is not the problem here
but rather the remote server configuration (postgres and possibly OS stuff
like firewalls).

You will probably find it easier to use "psql" instead of pgAdmin to do the
trial-and-error configuration process - and it will remove one extra layer
of indirection from the equation as well.

David J.