Re: pg_settings doc patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_settings doc patch
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Here is a documentation patch for the pg_settings virtual table. If
> there are no objections, please apply.

pg_settings is not a system catalog, so I don't think it belongs in the
system catalogs chapter.  In fact it doesn't belong anywhere in the
Developer's Guide, since it's a user-oriented view.

I'm not sure where it *does* belong though :-(.  Right at the moment we
have no documentation of any of the predefined system views, except for
the ones that fit into the "monitoring" chapter of the Admin Guide.

I think maybe we ought to make a new chapter for system views ... but
where to put it?  User's Guide maybe?