Re: Patch to send transaction commit/rollback stats to the stats collector unconditionally.

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Patch to send transaction commit/rollback stats to the stats collector unconditionally.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
In preparing to push the patch, I noticed I hadn't responded to this:

Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:
> Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
>> I have reviewed this patch, and think we should do what the patch
>> is trying to do, but I don't think the submitted patch would
>> actually work.
>
> Just curious, why do you think it won't work.

Because you didn't touch this part of the function:

    /*
     * Send partial messages.  If force is true, make sure that any pending
     * xact commit/abort gets counted, even if no table stats to send.
     */
    if (regular_msg.m_nentries > 0 ||
        (force && (pgStatXactCommit > 0 || pgStatXactRollback > 0)))
        pgstat_send_tabstat(®ular_msg);

The statistics would not actually be sent unless a table had been
accessed or it was forced because the connection was closing.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com