Re: Re: Patch to send transaction commit/rollback stats to the stats collector unconditionally.

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Re: Patch to send transaction commit/rollback stats to the stats collector unconditionally.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 7:32 PM, Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:

>> Considering this as a bug-fix, I'd vote for it to be applied to
>> all supported releases.

I initially considered that position, but balanced that against
this:

> I view this as a behavior change, and it isn't nice to spring
> those on people in minor releases.

I tend to be very conservative on what should go into a minor
release.  In this case the user impact is pretty minimal --
distortion of numbers in monitoring software.  That doesn't strike
me as a serious enough problem to risk even a trivial behavior
change.

> I'll vote for master-only.

Well, it seems tame enough to me to apply to the release still in
beta testing.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com