Re: select DISTINCT not ordering the returned rows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: select DISTINCT not ordering the returned rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ioana Danes <ioanasoftware@yahoo.ca> writes:
> I upgraded postgres from 8.3 to 9.0.3 and I have an issue with the order of the returned rows.

Your application is simply broken if it assumes that DISTINCT results in
ordering the rows.  The only thing that guarantees that is an ORDER BY.

You could probably work around it for the short term by unsetting
enable_hashagg, but you really ought to fix the query instead.

Сообщение: Re: select DISTINCT not ordering the returned rows
Сообщение: Re: select DISTINCT not ordering the returned rows