Re: BUG #10667: [9.2.4] Incorrect output for query involving where clause with coalesce

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #10667: [9.2.4] Incorrect output for query involving where clause with coalesce
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Timothy Garnett wrote

> Bug reference:      10667
> Logged by:          Timothy Garnett
> Email address:

> tgarnett@

> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.4
> Operating system:   Ubuntu Linux x86_64 12.04.3 LTS
>
> Hi All,
>
> I'm not sure if this is appropriate to report or not since I'm only able
> produce it in 9.2.4 (not able to produce it 9.3.4) but I didn't see
> anything
> in the change logs that looked specific to what we saw here [though this
> ("Fix incorrect planning in cases where the same non-strict expression
> appears in multiple WHERE and outer JOIN equality clauses (Tom Lane)")
> might
> be similar?] so thought it might be useful as a record if nothing else.

If you cannot reproduce this in 9.2.8 - the most recent version - then you
either need to work around it or upgrade.  Reporting a bug on a 4 behind
point version does little good.

David J.