Re: [HACKERS] TODO Done. Superuser backend slot reservations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] TODO Done. Superuser backend slot reservations
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
>         - Therefore, the # of backend slots created is
>           (max_connections + max_admin_connections)

I tend to agree with Bruce on this: max_connections means
max_connections.  Therefore, the number of backend slots is
max_connections, of which max_connections - max_admin_connections
are available to non-superusers.

(There is provision in the existing code for one extra child process
for checkpoints, but it's not a "real" backend and so it's reasonable
not to count it against max_connections.)