Re: Hibernate over postgresql

От amithbm
Тема Re: Hibernate over postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
An update:

It turns out that my client (A) which was talking to the application (B)
(Which inturn talks to the DB server(C) over plain text) did not have SSL
connection caching enabled. Once I turned this on, I started getting way
better performance numbers. But I'm not sure why it is behaving this way
since the connection between client and the application AND application and
the DB server are totally independent.

So anyway, once I turned SSL caching on and I analysed the tcpdump it looked
similar to the other machine in which I was getting better performance. i.e.
the ACKs all started to buffer and also started to behave asynchronously.

Now, the question before me is why. Why are these two connections i.e. A->B
and B->C seem to be dependent.

Thanks,
Amith.