Re: About #13489, array dimensions and CREATE TABLE ... LIKE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: About #13489, array dimensions and CREATE TABLE ... LIKE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I would like to apply this patch to master because I think our current
> deficiencies in this area are unacceptable.

I do not think this is a particularly good idea, because it creates
the impression in a couple of places that we track this data, when
we do not really do so to any meaningful extent.

> An alternate approach would
> be to remove pg_attribute.attndims so we don't even try to preserve
> dimensionality.

I could get behind that, perhaps.  It looks like we're not using the
field in any meaningful way, and we could simplify TupleDescInitEntry
and perhaps some other APIs.