Re: Analyse - max_locks_per_transaction - why?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Analyse - max_locks_per_transaction - why?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Phil Endecott <spam_from_postgresql_general@chezphil.org> writes:
> Naively I imagined that ANALYSE looks at each table in turn,
> independently.  So why does it need more locks when there are more
> tables?

7.4 runs a database-wide ANALYZE as a single transaction, so the locks
accumulate.  This was recognized to be a bad idea :-(.  8.0 is a bit
smarter.

The best bet in 7.4 is probably to use VACUUM ANALYZE rather than
analyzing separately.  That will force it to use a transaction per
table.