Re: Better error message for select_common_type()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Better error message for select_common_type()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> None of this will help if you have multiple unrelated clauses that
> invoke select_common_type(), but that might be better handled using the
> parser location mechanism.

+1 on using the parser location mechanism and avoiding the terminology
problem altogether.  I fear though that we're not set up to have
multiple locations in one error report.  Will it be sufficient if we
point at one of the two offending expressions?  (I'd guess pointing at
the second makes the most sense, if feasible.)