Re: plperl crash with Debian 6 (64 bit), pl/perlu, libwww and https

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: plperl crash with Debian 6 (64 bit), pl/perlu, libwww and https
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 08/09/2011 04:32 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> [ shrug... ]  Installing a perl module that mucks with the signal
>> handlers is in the "don't do that" category.  A kluge such as you
>> suggest will not get it out of that category; all it will do is add
>> useless overhead for people who are following the rules.

> Well, knowing what a given module might do isn't always easy (see
> below). I don't much like saying to people "I told you so", especially
> when following the advice isn't necessarily straightforward.

I'm not thrilled with it either, but since we have no proposed patch
that would actually make it *safe* for perl modules to muck with the
signal handlers, I see no other alternative.  A patch that simply makes
it a shade less unsafe isn't really an improvement, especially when it
has other disadvantages.