Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

>> One new question from me: how about replication?
>> Case: primary+replica, we shut down primary and enable checksum, and "started streaming WAL from primary" without
anyissue. I have master with checksums, but replica without.

>> Or cluster with checksums, then disable checksums on primary, but standby think we have checksums.
>
> Enabling or disabling the checksums offline on the master quite clearly requires a rebuild of the standby, there is
noother way (this is one of the reasons for the online enabling in that patch, so I still hope we can get that done --
butnot for this version).

I mean this should be at least documented.
Change system id... Maybe is reasonable

>> Also we support ./configure --with-blocksize=(not equals 8)? make check on HEAD fails for me. If we support this - i
thinkwe need recheck BLCKSZ between compiled pg_checksum and used in PGDATA

> You mean if the backend and pg_checksums is built with different blocksize? Yeah, that sounds like something which is
acheap check and should be done.

Yep

regards, Sergei

От: Arthur Zakirov
Сообщение: Re: Unified logging system for command-line programs
От: Sergei Kornilov
Сообщение: Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums