Re: Floating-point timestamps versus Range Types

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Floating-point timestamps versus Range Types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> What should be done? I see a few options:

> 1. Do nothing. Floating-point timestamps aren't the default, and the bug
> reports are likely to be few and far between (but those that encounter
> the bug are likely to be very frustrated).

I'm for that one.  Anybody working with fractional float timestamps
should already understand that they aren't exact.  I can't see the value
of expending any great amount of effort on this.

There is maybe some argument for removing the float timestamp code
altogether, but I think that that's probably premature.  They were
still the default in 8.3, and we are still supporting in-place upgrade
from 8.3.