Re: How to clean up phone-numbers with regex?

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: How to clean up phone-numbers with regex?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Steve Crawford wrote
> On 05/19/2014 01:54 AM, Andreas wrote:
>

>> Second but similar question:
>> How can I select records that have fields that contain characters not
>> included in a given alphabet?
>> E.G. find fields that contain some char not in 0-9,a-z,A-Z, +-()/?
>>
> See regexp_match on the above-referenced page.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

Actually, section "9.7.3. POSIX Regular Expressions" - specifically table
9-11 at the beginning of that section - is the most common way to perform
the tests in a where clause.  regexp_matches(...) is for when you want to
extract data.

David J.