Re: Shutting down a warm standby database in

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Shutting down a warm standby database in
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> elog(PANIC) => abort() => core dump.  This is completely expected.

> Well, then I should have said there is no reason you should ever get a
> panic.

The reason it's a PANIC is that the whole of StartupXLOG() runs as a
critical section.  Given the recent changes to make elog(FATAL) do
exit(1) instead of exit(0), I think it might be possible to dispense
with that, but it's rather a ticklish thing to be changing the day
before we wrap 8.2.  How excited are you about this?