Re: [GENERAL] efficiently migrating 'old' data from one table toanother

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: [GENERAL] efficiently migrating 'old' data from one table toanother
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/12/2017 12:06 PM, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> I'm just wondering if there's a more efficient way of handling a certain periodic data migration.

partition the tables by some date interval such as week (if you do this
archiving weekly).   each week, disconnect the oldest partition from the
'active' partition set, and add it to the 'archive' partition set.
voila, no inserts, deletes, or updates are done at all, just some
metadata operations.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] efficiently migrating 'old' data from one table toanother
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] efficiently migrating 'old' data from one table toanother