Re: pg_dump 3 times as slow after 8.4 -> 9.5 upgrade

От Henrik Cednert (Filmlance)
Тема Re: pg_dump 3 times as slow after 8.4 -> 9.5 upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Tom

I'm honestly not sure about anything. =) I use the exact same flags as with 8.4 for the dump:

${BINARY_PATH}/pg_dump --host=localhost --user=postgres --no-password --blobs --format=custom --verbose --file=${pg_dump_filename}_${database}.backup ${database}

So unless the default behaviour have changed in 9.x I'd say I don't use compression. I will try to force it to no compression and see if it's different.

Sadly the instruments session stopped recording when I logged out of the system yesterday. Doh. =/

Cheers

--
Henrik Cednert
cto | compositor