Re: Query too slow with "not in" condition [Resolved]

От சிவகுமார் மா
Тема Re: Query too slow with "not in" condition [Resolved]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks a lot.

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 11:28 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"David Rowley" <dgrowley@gmail.com> writes:
> I assume workmem, effective_cache_size and random_page_cost are all the same
> in the 2 postgresql.conf?

Indeed, work_mem is probably the problem.  The critical difference
between the two plans seems to be that the first one is using a
"hashed subplan" and the second one isn't.  Assuming the same datatypes in both databases, the only reason not to use a hashed subplan is if the hashtable is estimated not to fit in work_mem.

I changed work_mem in test machine to be implemented in production server later. Completely forgot that when faced with this issue. Sorry for the trouble.

I learnt about "hashed subplan" requiring sufficient work_mem, however.

Thanks and regards,

Ma Sivakumar

மா சிவகுமார்
எல்லோரும் எல்லாமும் பெற வேண்டும்