Re: GinPageIs* don't actually return a boolean

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: GinPageIs* don't actually return a boolean
Дата
Re: GinPageIs* don't actually return a boolean  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 8:48 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> E.g. if you include stdbool.h [ ginStepRight breaks ]

> Ah-ha.  OK, now I get it.  So then I agree we should back-patch this
> at least as far as 9.3 where MSVC 2013 became a supported platform,

Um, no, that does not follow.  The unanswered question here is why,
when we *have not* included stdbool.h and *have* typedef'd bool as
just plain "char", we would get C99 bool behavior.  There is something
happening there that should not be happening, and I'm not really satisfied
with the explanation "Microsoft is brain-dead as usual".  I think we
should dig deeper, because whatever is going on there may have deeper
effects than we now realize.