Re: Regarding Custom reports using pgadmin

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: Regarding Custom reports using pgadmin
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
soobia.arshad wrote
> I have linked my postgresql database with pgadmin3 and now i want to
> create
> reports using data in my tables. How can i do this in pgadmin3? Moreover,
> is there any other supporting tool to generate reports from the data
> already imported in pgadmin3?

pgadmin3 is a query runner and database administration tool; it doesn't do
formal/template "reporting" and while it does store - in memory - data
necessary to display query results you do not "import" data into it.
Likewise, there is no way to use it as a back-end from which other tools
would obtain data; those tools would just directly connect to the PostgreSQL
database.

If you simply want to execute queries and export the results you can do so.
The documentation explains how.

http://www.pgadmin.org/

David J.