any psql \copy tricks for default-value columns without source data?

От David G Johnston
Тема any psql \copy tricks for default-value columns without source data?
Дата
Re: any psql \copy tricks for default-value columns without source data?
Список pgsql-general
So, I am trying to import a file into a table and want to assign a sequence
value to each record as it is imported.

I know that I can pre-process the input file and simply add the needed data
but I am curious if maybe there is some trick to having defaults populate
for missing columns WITHOUT explicitly specifying each and every column that
is present?

Thanks!

David J.