Re: TODO list

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: TODO list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> case 6 - limit all users' connections regardless of database:
> limit all all n

That's called max_connections.  Don't think we need a redundant
implementation of same ...

Another little nitpick is that I don't like assuming that "any" and
"all" are never going to be used as database or user names.  (I know
that pg_hba.conf already uses "all" this way, and IMHO that was a bogus
decision.  Something like "*" would have been less likely to collide.)

On an implementation level, where are you thinking of enforcing this?
pg_hba.conf would not be very appropriate for the most likely place to
put it, which is in backend startup shortly after establishing a PGPROC
entry (with the data about numbers of active connections obtained by
scanning the PGPROC array for other backends connected to the same
database or with the same userid).  I think we've thrown away the
PostmasterContext long before that, so we couldn't use cached
pg_hba.conf data without some redesign of the startup sequence.