Re: 9.4 Proposal: Initdb creates a single table

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: 9.4 Proposal: Initdb creates a single table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Having said that, though, the argument around whether such facilities
> belong in core seems to devolve to whether you want to buy into
> maintaining libuuid for ourselves (in fact worse than that: it's not
> clear
> that libuuid ever has worked on all our platforms, so we might be
> buying
> into some up-front porting work too).  As Josh notes, we may be forced
> into that anyway if we don't want to walk away from contrib/uuid-ossp.

I think we arrived at the conclusion a short while go that we wanted to
stick a deprecation notice on contrib/uuid-ossp for the 9.4 release.

I wrote an extension that wraps libuuid:
https://github.com/petere/pglibuuid

Between pgcrypto and that, is there anything missing that users of
uuid-ossp would have had?