Warm Standby lagging behind

От Haroon
Тема Warm Standby lagging behind
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
We are using dedicated DB and DB Backup Server configured for Warm Standby.
Uptill now our Server was generating around 3k Wal files per day and backup
was catching up. Recently the load on our Production Server has increased
and now it is generating around 4k wal files.

Now we can see alot of wal files in Backup Server waiting to get injested.
They are increasing by around 1k wal files per day. On the backup Server the
postgress startup process which is responsible for injesting wal files is
alway consuing 99.1 to 99.7 %CPU and IO Wait is staying at 0.0 to 0.1 %.

We are using 15k rpm SAS drives configured in Raid 10 on main as well as
Backup Servers. My understanding is that drives speed is a main factor on
which the restoration speed depend. But these drives seems capable of
handling more load than this.

We are not getting any performance issue in our main server. It is the
backup which is lagging behind.

I will appreciate if some will help me in pointing out the bottle neck and
provide solution.