Re: PQputCopyData dont signal error

От steve k
Тема Re: PQputCopyData dont signal error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks Robert,

I'm already there.  Obviously I'm the only one in the room that didn't get
the memo.  I've had some time to reflect on what might be done differently,
just not any time to try it.  If I get it to work I'll let everyone know.
The code I was working with went away when the Network admins pushed
something that forced me to reboot and close all my temp file windows last
Friday.  Sorry for any troubles I've caused you all and I didn't mean to put
everyone on the defensive.

It has occurred to me that I may have been examining the wrong results set.
One of the things you mentioned is "I often find it necessary to refer to
existing examples of code when trying to figure out how to do things
correctly".  I couldn't agree more.  Haven't seen one yet, but found plenty
of discussion that tap danced around one or more of the components of the
copy, put, end paradigm.  Maybe I should have just asked for a sample code
snippet but didn't after a day or so of frustration and trying to piece
together other people's incomplete samples.  It seems that none of the
discussion threads I looked at (doesn't mean there aren't any - before
everyone gets worked up) where people  were having similar questions also
never offered a working solution.  So I don't know if those folks gave up or
figured it out on their own.   In the end it comes down to how much time do
you have to google, read through a thread, find out that discussion thread
really has nothing to do with your topic of interest, repeat, finally try
something different, repeat?  Again, my apologies for lighting a fire under
everyone.

Regards,
Steve K.