Re: Slow performance with 9.3-110x JDBC 4

От ChatPristi
Тема Re: Slow performance with 9.3-110x JDBC 4
Дата
Re: Slow performance with 9.3-110x JDBC 4
Список pgsql-jdbc
Thank you very much for your help and explanations.

Indeed, the Lachezar's recommendation  ( jdbc:postgresql://localhost/database?protocolVersion=2) restores the speed: 190413 ms with jdbc-9.3.1101 and postgresql 9.3.4.

As I used bytea and due to change since postgresql 9.0 for handling them (bytea_output parameter), my programs only work with  jdbc-9.3.1101 (and no longer with jdbc-8.4-703).

So, I must use 9.3.1101. However, what  does the sentence "I was recommending that for testing purposes only" by Lachezar means ? How to increase performance of server side prepared statements ?