Re: get rid of psql welcome message

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: get rid of psql welcome message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Peter's patch is certainly useful but this is something quite different
> but affecting some of the same behavior. My idea is all about the 99% of
> people that don't use a .psqlrc. Should we not provide a simpler
> interface that provides succinct and need to know information just
> because we added a feature to .psqlrc?

You missed my point entirely, which is that if we shorten the default
banner help to ~1 line then this .psqlrc "feature" isn't going to get
added, because it'd be useless.  It's only useful given the premise that
the default output will continue to be verbose.

I'm not against shortening the banner.  What I'm against is turning this
thing into a camel (a horse designed by a committee).  We should take
one approach or the other one, not both.

Сообщение: Re: get rid of psql welcome message
Сообщение: Re: get rid of psql welcome message