Re: pg_dump hangs

От David Johnston
Тема Re: pg_dump hangs
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Holec wrote
> Hi All,
>
> On clear Windows XP pro and clear Windows 7 pro pg_dump hangs after
> creation backup file. (backup file is successfully created)
> Clear Win I mean after install with vc redist 2010 only.
>
> Problem is in pg_dump 9.3.2. and 9.3.3 only.
> My testing was in  Oracle VM Virtual box and erlier versions pg_dump from
> 9.2 to 8.3 has no problem.
>
> My tests was with cmd:
> SET PGPASSWORD=***
> pg_dump.exe -i -h 192.168.0.2 -p 5432 -U backup -Fc -b -v -f file.backup
> mydb
>
> But tests with DB on localhost was no problem.
>
> Pavel

First, this should have been posted to -general or, if you really feel
strongly about it, -bugs.  Not sure why you thought to post it to -docs... I
recommend re-posting to -general along with adding additional information.

The specific information you should include would be any rows from
"pg_stat_activity" that show activity; especially any that appear to belong
to the pg_dump process.  Depending on what activity is reported the
information returned from "pg_locks" may also prove helpful.

A couple of observations:

"-i" is deprecated (since at least 8.4)...
"-b" is only needed for selective dumps...
"-v" you've turned on verbose mode - maybe include the last handful of
output lines in your complaint...

Given the apparent testing of different versions of PostgreSQL you should
also provide the pairing of pg_dump and postgres that you are using (or
confirm they are the same).

David J.