Read tables of sql server with postgres

От loref85
Тема Read tables of sql server with postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm trying to access sql server tables through postgres, I tried using this
wrapper for databases with  this ODBC driver

<http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/249-ODBC-Foreign-Data-wrapper-to-query-SQL-Server-on-Window---Part-2.html>

, but the lastest version is compatible only with the 9.1 version of
Postgresql

I need a odbc driver for Postgresql 9.3

This is my sql shell (psql) when I try to do a CREATE EXTENSION statement

postgres=# CREATE EXTENSION odbc_fdw;
ERROR:  biblioteca «C:/Archivos de programa/PostgreSQL/9.3/lib/odbc_fdw.dll»
inc
ompatible: versión no coincide
DETALLE:  Servidor tiene versión 9.3, biblioteca es versión 9.1.
postgres=#

The error says "library «C:/Archivos de
programa/PostgreSQL/9.3/lib/odbc_fdw.dll» inc ompatible: version doesn't
match DETAIL: the server version is 9.3 and the lib version is 9.1"

Then I realized I can't use or compile the 9.1 version because of  this
<http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/28812.1337278335@sss.pgh.pa.us>

So I found this version by another author, the code is adapted to postgres
9.2+ versions. I compiled in 9.2.6 and 9.3.2 versions and I get this error
in both versions when I try to make a select into a foreign table:

ERROR:  odbc_fdw::odbcGetTableSize: Could not retrieve table size

Is there another path to follow? the problem is not odbc, I just need to
read sql server tables (but I didn't found a sqlserver connector though)

My second option is access sqlserver tables across linked server in
sqlserver, but I want to discard all the options from the postgres side

pd: If there's any grammar mistakes, sorry