FIPS mode - SSL connection fails

От luzangelad
Тема FIPS mode - SSL connection fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We recently upgraded to version 8.4.18 within our product but this upgrade
has caused SSL connections to fail when OpenSSL is in FIPS mode.

We receive the following error:
2014-02-20 01:44:23 PST [9339]: [1-1] db=[unknown],user=[unknown] LOG:
could not accept SSL connection: decryption failed or bad record mac

While looking through the recent changes, we found that commenting out the
"RAND_cleanup();" call in "src/backend/postmaster/fork_process.c" allows the
connection to succeed.

Any ideas on why this "RAND_cleanup();" would cause SSL failure in FIPS
mode?
Is there a work around?  Or is this possibly a known issue?

Thanks.