Re: Can not upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 or 9.3, --HELP

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Can not upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 or 9.3, --HELP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
bobspero wrote
> I went through postgres website since yesterday and can not upgrade my
> postgresql from 9.1 to anything greater. At first I did pgupgrade and was
> told to install postgres-xc, when I installed it, it removed 9.1 and I
> could not log into it. I was able to recover it and when I the steps from
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt I get  pgadmin3 : Depends:
> libwxbase2.8-0 (>= 2.8.12.1+dfsg) but 2.8.12.1-14ubuntu1.1 is to be
> installed
>             Depends: libwxgtk2.8-0 (>= 2.8.12.1+dfsg) but
> 2.8.12.1-14ubuntu1.1 is to be installed.
>
> Do I just install  libwxgtk2.8-0?

Are you using the standard Debian PostgreSQL packages or are you using
postgres-xc?  If you are not using postgres-xc then the system telling you
that you need it is unusual enough to stop then and ask questions - that you
did not means you should be prepared to restore from backups.  If you are
using postgres-xc then they are the ones you need to talk with and using the
standard base release packages is not going to help since they are different
products.

David J.