Re: password-less access, without using pg_hba

От David Johnston
Тема Re: password-less access, without using pg_hba
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Reece Hart wrote
> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 6:37 PM, David Johnston <

> polobo@

> > wrote:
>
>> Doubtful.
>>

> Yeah, that's what I had assumed too.
>
> The question is motivated entirely by what I think would make it easier
> for
> users. In principle it's not difficult to give people a password (as I do
> now), but in practice it's a barrier that I'd like to eliminate.
>
> -Reece

If your users are connecting directly to a PostgreSQL database then the
presence or absence of a password has no significant impact on usability.
They have learned SQL and can interact with databases and likely expect to
need a password anyway.  Usually developers make things easier by writing
software that the users interact with instead of the database...

David J.