Re: permission denied for relation

От Ovid
Тема Re: permission denied for relation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
And in the above, by "veure_user" in the pg_hba.conf, I obviously meant "some_user".

Cheers,
Ovid
--
IT consulting, training, international recruiting
       http://www.allaroundtheworld.fr/.

On Thursday, 30 January 2014, 14:31, Ovid <curtis_ovid_poe@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Struggling to figure out what I'm doing wrong with postgresql 9.1.11.

I've created a user and database like this:

    CREATE USER some_user WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD '...';
    CREATE DATABASE mydatabase ENCODING 'UTF8' OWNER some_user TEMPLATE template0;
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO some_user;

I then have a shell script which rebuilds my database, but when I connect with my software, I get this:

    DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation users [for Statement ...

If it matters, my pg_hba.conf has this:

    # Database administrative login by Unix domain socket
    local   all             postgres                                peer
    local   all             veure_user                              trust

And uname:

    $ uname -a
    Linux foo.example.com 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.39-2 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I've gotten this successfully running on my laptop and home machine (both Macs) using an identical code base, but I don't know what I'm missing on the Debian server.

In short, I have a user that requires full SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE privileges on the "mydatabase" database.

Cheers,
Ovid