Re: problem connecting to postgres via apache

От Bret Stern
Тема Re: problem connecting to postgres via apache
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Are you calling the perl from apache (assuming yes)..? Does the web
user have the rights to execute the perl code?

Try disabling SELinux..
You'll get it..

On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 09:35 -0800, Susan Cassidy wrote:
> I've already checked that.  It is enabled.  I am running Scientific
> Linux.
>

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>         Susan Cassidy <susan.cassidy@decisionsciencescorp.com> writes:
>         > $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=$dbname;host=
>         ${dbserver};port=$dbport;",
>         > $dbuser, $dbpasswd) or
>         >  errexit( "Unable to connect to dbname $dbname, err:
>         $DBI::errstr");
>
>         > The exact same connection string works fine in a standalone
>         perl program.
>
>         Given the permissions errors you mentioned upthread, I'm
>         wondering whether
>         you're running on Red Hat/CentOS, and if so whether SELinux is
>         preventing
>         apache from connecting to unexpected port numbers.  I seem to
>         recall
>         that there's a SELinux boolean specifically intended to allow
>         or disallow
>         database connections from webservers, but I couldn't tell you
>         the name
>         offhand.
>
>                                 regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: problem connecting to postgres via apache
Сообщение: Re: problem connecting to postgres via apache