Re: hstores in pl/python

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: hstores in pl/python
Дата
Re: hstores in pl/python  (James William Pye <lists@jwp.name>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Can we arrange to pg_dlopen() the hstore module instead of linking
> against it directly?  Seems like that might let you use it when
> available without making it a hard requirement.

That doesn't deal with the issues of (a) what is a reasonable fallback
when the module's not there, and (b) how do you identify which type OID
is really hstore?  ("The one named hstore" is the wrong answer.)
Both of these problems are trivial for an in-core datatype, and not at
all trivial if it's an add-on.