Re: using a lot of maintenance_work_mem

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: using a lot of maintenance_work_mem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

--On 20. Februar 2011 15:48:06 +0100 Bernd Helmle <mailings@oopsware.de>
wrote:

>> Well, I figure it will be hard to allow larger maximums, but can we make
>> the GUC variable maximums be more realistic?  Right now it is
>> MAX_KILOBYTES (INT_MAX).
>
> This is something i proposed some time ago, too. At least, it will stop
> us from promising something which is maintenance_work_mem not able to
> deliver.

Hmm, on further reflection a better option might be to just document this
behavior more detailed. I could imagine that making maintenance_work_mem
having a hard upper limit would break countless SQL scripts, where it was
set just high enough in the hope of speed increase...

--
Thanks
Bernd

Сообщение: Re: using a lot of maintenance_work_mem
Сообщение: Re: using a lot of maintenance_work_mem