Re: Add force option to dropdb

От salah jubeh
Тема Re: Add force option to dropdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>If the user owns objects, that will prevent this from working also.  I
>have the feeling that adding DROP OWNED BY and/or REASSIGNED OWNED BY
>calls to this utility would be a bit excessive, but who knows.

Please find attached the first attempt to drop drop the client connections.
I have added an option -k, --kill instead of force since killing client connection does not guarantee -drop force-.
Regards

On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:06 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
salah jubeh wrote:

> For the sake of completeness:
> 1. I think also, I need also to temporary disallow conecting to the database, is that right?
> 2. Is there other factors can hinder dropping database?

If the user owns objects, that will prevent this from working also.  I
have the feeling that adding DROP OWNED BY and/or REASSIGNED OWNED BY
calls to this utility would be a bit excessive, but who knows.

> 3. Should I write two patches one for pg_version>=9.2 and one for pg_version<9.2

No point -- nothing gets applied to branches older than current
development anyway.

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Вложения