Re: Looking for settings/configuration for FASTEST reindex on idle system.

От Jeff Amiel
Тема Re: Looking for settings/configuration for FASTEST reindex on idle system.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 4:03 PM, Jeff Amiel <becauseimjeff@yahoo.com> wrote:
I am familiar with pg_reorg and it’s sibling pg_repack - but they call the base postgresql reindex functions underneath
-and I have learned by using ‘verbose’ that the actual clustering of the table is quick - it’s the reindexing that is
slow(It’s doing each reindex sequentially instead of concurently)

I'm second guessing this - I'm not sure I REALLY know how long the table cluster takes versus the index -