Re: "This ResultSet is closed" exception on a PreparedStatement getMetaData()

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: "This ResultSet is closed" exception on a PreparedStatement getMetaData()
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Emmanuel GUITON <Emmanuel.GUITON@intrinsec.com> wrote:

> On a brand new PreparedStatement, I call the getMetaData() method
> without any problem. However, if I execute the query
> (executeQuery()) on this same statement, close the ResultSet and
> then calls again getMetaData() (still on the same
> PreparedStatement), getMetaData() throws a RuntimeException
> saying "This ResultSet is closed".
> I would expect to be able to get the metadata. Is that a bug in
> the JDBC driver ?

It sure looks like a bug to me.  Thanks for providing a clear,
self-contained test case.  (It would make a good addition to our
unit tests once the bug is fixed.)

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: "This ResultSet is closed" exception on a PreparedStatement getMetaData()
Сообщение: Re: "This ResultSet is closed" exception on a PreparedStatement getMetaData()