Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
MauMau <maumau307@gmail.com> wrote:
> From: "Kevin Grittner" <kgrittn@ymail.com>

> FATAL is used when the problem is severe enough that the process
> or connection must end. It seems to me to be what should
> consistently be used when a client connection or its process must
> be terminated for a reason other than a client-side request to
> terminate.
>
> What do you think of #5 and #6 when matching the above criteria?
>
> 5. FATAL:  terminating walreceiver process due to administrator
> command
> 6. FATAL:  terminating background worker \"%s\" due to
> administrator command

Those are client connections and their backends terminated for a
reason other than the client side of the connection requesting it.
If we don't classify those as FATAL then the definition of FATAL
becomes much more fuzzy.  What would you define it to mean?

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com