Re: error during vacuum full

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: error during vacuum full
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Barry Lind <barry@xythos.com> writes:
> It was not compiled with debug.  I will do that now and see if this
> happens again in the future.  If and when it happens again what would
> you like me to do?  I am willing provide you access if you need it.

Well, first off, please confirm that killing off open client
transactions (you shouldn't even need to do a full postmaster restart)
makes the problem go away.

Beyond that, I have no advice except to be prepared to apply a debugger
next time.  I believe we could fix the problem if we could examine the
situation VACUUM is seeing --- but it's so far not been possible to
do that, because the triggering conditions are so transient.