Trying to set up synchronous replication. fe_sendauth: no password supplied

От Andy Kerslake
Тема Trying to set up synchronous replication. fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi all, I am trying to set up synchronous replication between two nodes on a
Red Hat Linux, postgres 9.3 installation.  (Will lead to three nodes
eventually.) and I am recieving the following message, although, I can still
access the database as a Hot Standby.

FATAL:  could not connect to the primary server: fe_sendauth: no password
supplied

I have set up pg_hba.conf and also have a .pgpass file (although I believe I
only need one or the other.)

Any thoughts?  (Please bear in mind I have only been using postgres for a
week and a half and Linux for not much longer so it could be something
really obvious.)

Thank you.