Re: Extension Templates S03E11

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Extension Templates S03E11
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > When it comes to dump/reload, I'd much rather see a mechanism which uses
> > our deep understanding of the extension's objects (as database objects)
> > to implement the dump/reload than a text blob which is carried forward
> > from major version to major version and may even fail to run.
>
> Note that we're already doing that in the binary_upgrade code path.
> I agree that generalizing that approach sounds like a better idea
> than keeping a text blob around.

The reason for doing it that way in pg_upgrade was to preserve OIDs for
types, etc.:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20783.1297184036@sss.pgh.pa.us

That doesn't seem to apply to ordinary dump/reload. Do you think it's
good for other reasons, as well?

Regards,Jeff Davis

От: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Сообщение: Re: Why we are going to have to go DirectIO