Re: Extension Templates S03E11

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Extension Templates S03E11
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 09:50 -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > I still don't see that Extension Templates are all bad:
> >   * They preserve the fact that two instances of the same extension
> > (e.g. in different databases) were created from the same template.
>
> This is only true if we change the extension templates to be shared
> catalogs, which they aren't today..

I agree with you about that -- I don't like per-DB templates.

I guess the challenge is that we might want to use namespaces to support
user-installable extensions, and namespaces reside within a DB. But I
think we can find some other solution there (e.g. user names rather than
schemas), and per-DB templates are just not a good solution anyway.

Regards,Jeff Davis