Re: A couple of cosmetic changes around shared memory code

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: A couple of cosmetic changes around shared memory code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 4:40 AM, Piotr Stefaniak
> <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me> wrote:
> -    toc_bytes = offsetof(shm_toc, toc_entry) +nentry * sizeof(shm_toc_entry)
> +    toc_bytes = offsetof(shm_toc, toc_entry) + nentry * sizeof(shm_toc_entry)
>          + allocated_bytes;

> I don't recall the exact reason, but this is intentional style
> (memories from a patchwork with Tom).

Well, it's not so much intentional as that pgindent will make it look like
that no matter what you do --- it's got some weird interaction with
sizeof, offsetof, and typedef names versus operators later on the same
line.  I'd call that a pgindent bug myself, but have no particular desire
to try to fix it.

You could possibly make it look nicer by splitting into multiple lines,
but you'll need to try pgindent'ing to see if you've actually improved the
end result at all.