Minor problem with Solaris 2.7beta

От Frank Ridderbusch
Тема Minor problem with Solaris 2.7beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name        :    Frank Ridderbusch
Your email address    :    ridderbusch.pad@sni.de

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)      :   Intel Pentium II

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)     :   Solaris 2.7beta

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.4)  :   PostgreSQL-6.4
                            Snapshot from 12.Oct.98

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0)        :   egcs 1.1

Build process does not create a shared library in
src/pl/plpgsql/src/Makefile.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql-6.4
make

The compilation process stops in the directory src/pl/plpgsql/src with
undefined symbols while linking.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:
At the top of src/pl/plpgsql/src/Makefile there is a definition

PORTNAME=solaris_sparc

However this is solaris_i386. And later there are these four lines:

ifeq ($(PORTNAME), solaris)
  LDFLAGS_SL            := -G -z text
  CFLAGS                += $(CFLAGS_SL)
endif

There LDFLAGS_SL are not correctly setup to build a shared library.

I removed the _sparc from PORTNAME and '-z text' from
LDFLAGS_SL. After this everything compiled fine.

MfG/Regards
--
     /====                         Siemens AG
    /    Ridderbusch        / ,   ICP CS XS QM4

Since I have taken all the Gates out of my computer, it finally works!!