Portability Issue in src/backend/port/snprintf.c (I think)

От Frank Ridderbusch
Тема Portability Issue in src/backend/port/snprintf.c (I think)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I compiled Sundays snapshot in preparation of a SVR4/SINIX Readme. A
couple of the problems, which I saw, have already been addressed by
the recent UnixWare patch.

Admittedly my operating system platform is somewhat old, however I
would think, that there are more os versions out there, which don't
have a 'long long' data type.

In particular my compiler didn't like the following line in
src/backend/port/snprintf.c:

/* IRIX doesn't do 'long long' in va_arg(), so use a typedef */
typedef long long long_long;

I'm on a simple 32bit architecture with no long long support, so I
changed 'long long' to 'long' and everything was okay.

Any comments?

MfG/Regards
--
     /====                         Siemens AG
    /    Ridderbusch        / ,   ICP CS XS QM4

Since I have taken all the Gates out of my computer, it finally works!!