Re: update before drop causes OID problems in transaction?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: update before drop causes OID problems in transaction?
Дата
Re: update before drop causes OID problems in transaction?  (Jeff Frost <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
Jeff Frost <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com> writes:
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, Tom Lane wrote:
>> No, I think it's that you've got a plpgsql trigger function that
>> contains queries referring to credit_card_audit.  Dropping and
>> recreating that table invalidates plpgsql's cached plans for those
>> queries.

> Is that the case whether the triggers are executed or not?

If the trigger function hasn't ever been executed in the current
session, it wouldn't have a cached plan ... but I suspect you meant
"if it hasn't been executed in the current transaction", and that
doesn't help.

> However, we drop that trigger before
> dropping credit_card_audit, so I'd think that would be ok.

IIRC you'd have to drop the underlying plpgsql function, not only
the trigger object that connects the function to a table.  We cache
stuff with respect to the function.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: update before drop causes OID problems in transaction?
Сообщение: Re: update before drop causes OID problems in transaction?